About MMEA • Membership • Board
The purpose of the Manitoba Music Educators' Association (MMEA) is to support and promote music education and provide a unified voice for music educators in our communities.
- Manitoba Band Association website
- Manitoba Choral Association website
- Manitoba Classroom Guitar Association website
- Manitoba Orff Chapter website
A Voice for Music Educators
- MMEA works together with our partner organizations to provide high quality professional development opportunities for all music educators.
- MMEA supports ongoing curriculum and course development led by the Department of Education and Training.
- MMEA meets regularly with the Minister and Deputy Minister of Education to discuss issues related to Music Education.
- MMEA meets regularly with the Provincial Arts Steering Committee, the Canadian Music Educators’ Association, the Alliance for Arts Education and other provincial and national organizations that focus on music and arts education.
Building Leadership Capacity
Together with the Association of Music Administrators of Manitoba, we organize an annual Conference of music education leaders representing school divisions from across the province. The conference “Leading Change in Music Education in Manitoba” is held annually in late October the day before TEMPO: Manitoba Music Conference.
Our goal is that every school division will designate someone to assume a leadership role for music education within their division.
Become a Member by Joining:
What about CMEA?
We believe that a national community of music educators is vital. The CMEA provides a united voice for music educators from across Canada.
Please exercise your option to join CMEA.
- Past President: Eric Marshall
- President: Karen Tole-Henderson
- Secretary: Rob Chrol
- Treasurer: Darryl Ferguson
- Advocacy Chair: Virginia Helmer
- Manitoba Band Association: Jennifer Shead
- Manitoba Choral Association: Alice Russell/Michael Dueck
- Manitoba Classroom Guitar Association: Jordan Laidlaw
- Manitoba Orff Chapter: Jewel Casselman
- Members-at-Large: Robert Chrol, Darryl Ferguson, Virginia Helmer, Karen Tole-Henderson
- Music Month: Jeff McPherson/Leanne Jensen
- Newsletter: Meaghan Walker
- Membership Secretary: Danessa Poiron
- Music Monday: VACANT
- MMEA Conference Chairperson: Judy Giesbrecht
- Archives: Francine Morin
- AMAM Liaison: Bill Kristjanson
- SAGE Representative: Danessa Poiron
- Web Master: Vic Hooper
- Bookkeeper: Dale Weevers
- Arts Steering Committee: Karen Tole-Henderson